Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"What can one say about Dean Martin........except I love him?"

Hey pallies, wells the tagg of this Dino-post sez it all. From the blog "Time Machine To The Twenties" comes this amore to our Dino from a retro chick tagged Mandy. Right now Miss Mandy is doin' a series of posts 'titled "What 100 Stars Want in 1956." Her most lastest stop is our Dino and there are some wonderful Dino-thoughts that she shares with her readers. While I already knew the Dino-details she mentioned, the quotations of Dino-wisdom are new to me. Each contains so much truth, but this particular one moves me very Dino-deeply....

"As a person I want to know more about my fellow man. I want to like them and I want them to like me when I'm not in the spotlight".

So often, the teachin's of our Dino have been played down....but ones like this show what a deeply feelin' and deeply thoughtful man our Dino is. Woulda so loves to know the context of this Dino-declaration. Wisdom from our great man such as this, just makes me love our Dino more and more every single minute...makes me desire to be more and more like him.

On this 23rd day of Dino-amore-month, we express our deep Dino-appreciato to Miss Mandy for sharin' her Dino-devotion with all of us. To view this in it's original format, just click on the title of this post. Dino-desirin', DMP


Monday, February 22, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - Dean Martin

What can one say about Dean Martin (June 7, 1917 - December 25, 1995) except I love him? One of the all time kings of cool. He just had a swagger about him that was fabulous. Some Dino trivia:

He was afraid of elevators
A lot of the time he was thought to be drinking booze, he was really drinking apple juice
Loved comic books
He had a nose job
Was banned from Marilyn Monroe's funeral
A Dean Martin quote: "I've got seven kids. The three words you hear most around my house are 'hello,' 'goodbye,' and 'I'm pregnant." - So true. As the oldest of 10, this is definitely heard in large families.



"As a person I want to know more about my fellow man. I want to like them and I want them to like me when I'm not in the spotlight". - Cool wish.



"Professionally I hope that Jerry and I can get back to working like we did in the old days as a very close team. There's no reason why we can't get back in there and pitch for fun as we did in the old days. We both want it very much and I believe the public does, too." - I wish they would have worked it out. They played very well off each other.



"Humour knows no borders. Sharing it is something people the world over have in common. As citizens, Jerry and I hope to spend our summer abroad selling Americanism." - Wonder if it worked . . .



Posted by Amanda at 10:30 PM
Labels: 1950s, Actors, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Homes of the Stars, Movieland, What 100 Stars Want Most in 1956

2 comments:

A said...

Thanks so much for highlighting my post on your blog! To answer your question about where I got the wonderful Dino quotes, they are from Movieland Magazine's 1956 Annual Issue. The quotes were on page 75.

You guys have a great blog!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, our Dino loved to put the accent on youth and I loves to put the accent on youthful Dino-lovers...just part of true Dino-palliedom...thanks for doin' your part to show amore to our great man...woulda be interested in how long you have been drawn to our Dino....and thanks for the Dino-info...wanna gets my hands on a copy of that mag...