Monday, July 05, 2010

On This Day In Dino-history: July 5, 1960

Hey pallies, thanks to our pallie Mark over at his capitol music history blog, "popculturefanboy' for sharin' that on this date in Dino-history, the original motion picture al-b-um of "Bells Are Ringing" was released. Certainly "Bells" is one of my fav Dino-flicks 'cause I love the amazin'ly pure chemistry that our beloved Dino has with the very talented Miss Judy Holliday.

"Bells" is the only broadway musical made for the screen that our Dino has ever starred in. Our Dino certainly triumphs in the role of writer Jeffery Moss opposite Miss Judy as telephone operator Ella Peterson. Gotta 'fess up that 'though I have the original disc of the broadway cast of this wonderful musical, I still have never got my hands on a copy of the Dino-soundtrack. Likes of course I does have in my Dino-possesion a grand DVD of this Dino-classic.

For your Dino-viewin' pleasure I have included a clip of probably the best known and certainly one of the greatest moments in the film.....our Dino and Miss Judy singin' "Just In Time." So enjoys this Dino-historical moment in Dino-history.

Thanks to our pallie Mark for sharin' this Dino-note with us. To view this in it's original format, just click on the tagg of this here Dino-gram. Dino-detailin', DMP



50 Years Ago Today In 1960 - Capitol Records releases the original motion picture soundtrack of "Bells Are Ringing" which stars Judy Holliday and Capitol Records artist Dean Martin

4 comments:

Kylie said...

I love this so much :)
My favourite scene from the movie

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Miss Kylie it is so great to welcome a huge Dino-devotee like you to our humble ilovedinomartin Dino-blog....hope you will find much Dino-happiness in celebratin' the life and times of our beloved Dino at this little Dino-pad....and yes, I does believe that the "Just In Time" number is my fav of favs in "Bells Are Ringing."

Christopher Pinto said...

Hey Pally! Just dropped by to check out your swinigin' scene and what a great treat to find this clip! Thanks for all the terrif Dino-tastic posts buddy. I'm gonna borrow this clip and post it on the Retro Tiki Lounge on FB.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, nice to knows you are checkin' out this Dino-scene and thanks for leavin' some Dino-patter....by all means....the world can never ever gets 'nough of our Dino and keeps spreadin' the Dino-message of cool....