Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Think About Me"

Hey pallies, likes welcome to 'nother start of 'nother great Dino-week here at ilovedinomartin. Today awesome Assie Deanager Levi Hollingsworth shares with us his Dino-impressions on the Dino-tune "Think About Me."

Master Levi has written several Dino-reviews for our Dino-serenade and it seems with each and every one our Levi shows more and more growth in devotion to our beloved Dino.

It's pallies like our youthful Levi who are makin' sure that there never ever comes a time when our Dino ain't bein' thought 'bout. Likes with dudes likes Levi pointin' the way, the Dino-light keeps glowin' Dino-bright.

So reads on pallies to read our down under pallie Levi's thinkin's on our Dino's great tune "Think About Me." ilovedinomartin sez our thanks to Deanager Levi for his very thought-filled Dino-impressions and likes we hopes to hear lots more from you soon Mr. Hollingsworth...keeps lovin' our Dino and keeps sharin' your Dino-devotion with others.... Dino-only, DMP





My Sunday Serenade is a song Dean Martin sang in a recording session on the 13th of March 1967. The Producer was Jimmy Bowen and the arranger was Ernie Freeman who were responsible for helping Dean Martin with many of his best recordings of the
1960s.

The song was for an upcoming album called Happiness Is Dean Martin....one of Deans greatest albums. I first heard "Think About Me" many years ago and I liked hearing the song. It was just one song of so many I liked though. There were other songs I liked better.

I first saw Dean sing "Think About Me" on one of his television shows. He was relaxing on the couch and the way he sang this song was so nice and I found myself liking this song even more.

Its a sad song, it makes me think we all need someone in our lives who will think of us even if its just now and again. It could be a girl, a parent or even a friend.
As long as someone is thinking about us we can never be alone. Its only when people stop thinking about us we are really alone.

I think about a special girl every day of my life and I hope she thinks about me at least now and again. I think about my friends, not just the friends close to home but also my overseas friends.

I think Dean would have been thinking of a lady in his life while he sang this.
Those of us who watched Dean sing this song we're thinking of him because for just a few minutes he is holding our attention and we cant be distracted.

I think this song is important in another way. When Dean Martin left us in 1995 I think he would have died knowing his family and his fans would be thinking about him and in his last moments I think he thought about his family and his fans. I dont think he could have known how many of his fans think about him, even now 15 years after he left. As long as we live he will always be thought of and that means he will always be loved.

Thats something we all need in our lives.

Thanks
from Levi

I want to thank my friend Kylie for helping me with the recording dates and giving me a few ideas to work on.



THINK ABOUT ME
(Mark Lewis - Jimmy Williams - Larry Harrison)

Think about me whenever you're lonely
Think about me whenever you're blue
Think about me when you have heartaches
Think about me thinking bout you
In the evening when the sun sets and blue shadows fall
All through the starry night till another day calls

I'll be a waitin' for eternity waitin' for you to return to me
(Think about me) when you have heartaches
(Think about me) thinking bout you
(Think about me)

8 comments:

Danny G. said...

Hey Levi pal, great post for a great great song. It is a sad tune I suppose...it makes me think about my Dad. I think about him everyday and I believe he is thinkin' bout' me too...wherever he may be. It also makes me think about Dean. And I agree with you, Dean will be kept alive in all of us for as long as we always think about him...and we will. Right pal.

Danny G.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, thanks ever so much Danny-o for bein' the first to posts some kudos to our Deanager Levi...and thanks for sharin' some personal memories of your Dad and our Dino...likes knows it was your Father who gots you hooked on our Dino while watchin' some "Martin and Lewis" flicks together...and now you have shared your Dino-passion with your wee ones...very Dino-cool indeed...and of course, likes keeps lovin' our Dino...

Always On Watch said...

I think this song is important in another way. When Dean Martin left us in 1995 I think he would have died knowing his family and his fans would be thinking about him and in his last moments I think he thought about his family and his fans. I dont think he could have known how many of his fans think about him, even now 15 years after he left. As long as we live he will always be thought of and that means he will always be loved.

Thats something we all need in our lives.


Amen to all of that!

A day doesn't go by but that I miss our Dino.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Miss AOW, likes thanks for your praise of our Deanager Levi's amazin' Dino-prose....Levi is gettin' so so Dino-wise beyond his tender years....

Anonymous said...

Levi,
This is your best one yet and it would be very hard to top this Sunday Serenade.
You did a great job and I think all of Deans fans share those same thoughts.
I think with new generations of Dean Martin fans his memory will live on forever.
Hugs and Kisses
from Kylie xxxoooxxx

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, indeed Ky, our Deanager Levi has again step the bar high for any of the rest of us who will be doin' Dino-serenedes...and our pallie is such a huge asset in buildin' Dino-devotion 'mong today's youth...and much of the credit goes to you for doin' your amazin' part to help our Levi grows so deep in his Dino-devotion so so quickly early in his Dino-life!

Levi said...

Hi Danny, Always on watch, Ky and Dino Dude
Its so cool you all liked my Sunday Serenade, I didnt expect to be any good at doing one on Think about me.
I really listened to the lyrics
Danny, there are things i think about a lot now from past years, things i never used to
That song made me think of a lot of things.
A lot of good things and some sad things.
Ky, whether good or bad times, you are there for me all the time.
And you helped me get thru a bad part in my life not long ago.
I only had you to turn to.
Dino Dude, you are right on, if i had never known Ky, maybe i wouldnt have caught on to Dino and known what a cool and talented dude he is.
The most talented dude ever
Thanks from Levi

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Deanager Levi, this serenade of your proves how rich and deep and pure is your Dino-devotion....what a thrill it is to have you as part of team ilovedinomartin...can't wait to read your next Dino-serenade...makin' yourself, and even more importantly our Dino proud! And, likes keeps lovin' our Dino....