Sunday, October 30, 2011

Danny G.'s Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Little Green Apples"

Hey pals! Time once again for nother' Sunday Serenade! Man o man pallies, I am so so hooked on the 1969 al-b-um "I Take A Lot of Pride In What I Am", that I had to pick one more of it's country-pop tunes for this weeks Serenade!

I can't gets me nough' "Little Green Apples"! What an absolutely Be-a-u-ti-ful song! It is pure Dino-magic! You can FEEL the love oozin' from our great man's lips on this one!

I truly believe that Dean had his one true love, Jeanne, in mind while recordin' this one. No one does it better than Dino & NO ONE can spread the Dino-love like Dean himself! Enjoy.



And I wake up in the morning
With my hair down in my eyes and she says hi
And I stumble to the breakfast table
While the kids are gonna to school goodbye
She reaches out and takes my hand
And squeezes it and says how you feelin' hon
And I look across at smilin' lips
That warm my heart and see my mornin' sun

And if that's not lovin' me then all I've got to say
God didn't make little green apples
And it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime
There's no such thing as Doctor Suess
Disneyland or Mother Goose is no nursery rhyme
God didn't make little green apples
And it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime
And when myself is feelin' low
I think about her face aglow and ease my mind

Sometimes I call her up at home knowin' she's busy
And ask if she could get away and meet me and grab a bite to eat
Then she drops what she's doin' and hurries down to meet me and I'm always late
But she sits waitin' patiently
And smiles when she first sees me cause she's made that way

And if that ain't lovin' me then all I've got to say
God didn't make little green apples
It don't snow in Minneapolis when the winter comes
There's no such thin's as make believe
Puppy dogs and autumn leaves and BB guns
God didn't make little green apples
And it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime
When myself is feelin' low
I think about her face aglow and ease my mind
To ease my mind to ease my mind

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Yes, Dino had one true love, and she was Jeanne. And Jeanne had one true love, and he was Dino.

Wonderful video!

Kylie said...

I agree :)
I love this album and at the end of the song Little Green Apples, it`s wonderful when Dean gets applause :)
Dean says Who came in there, What Happened ?
Only Dean can sing this great song, I know someone else had a hit and I`ve heard it, can`t remember his name but he can`t sing it the way Dean does.
And Jeannie was the true love of his life, he never found happiness with anyone else.