Friday, October 14, 2011

Morning Coffee with an extra Dean Martin Please!

Hey pallies, likes one just never knows where our Dino will turn up next. Today we visit with Dino-devotee Miss Debbie Barth at her self-tagged blog, "This Is Really Debbie Barth." Debbie, in speakin' of the classy Rat Pack proudly proclaims, " My favorite was then and now … the incomparable … Dean Martin."

And, likes pallies Miss Debbie is gonna have a fabulous time liftin' up the name of our Dino on the Dino-morrow at her internet show, "On The Grid." She'll be speakin' with a great pallie of hers...Miss Patricia Booth-Julius, one of the original Golddiggers who was blessed to work closely with our most beloved Dino on his most amazin' Dino-show. This oughta be a great Dino-session, and likes I woulda encourage you all to partake of this stellar Dino-treat.

To view this Dino-prose in it's original format, and to find the link to listen to the Dino-edition of "On The Grid," likes just clicks on the tag of this Dino-report.
ilovedinomartin is delighted to learn of 'nother follower of our King of Cool and to share with our readerss this unique Dino-opportunity!

Mucho Dino-appreciato to Miss Debbie Barth for speakin' so so boldly of her Dino-passion and helpin' others to get into the Dino-know...growin' in their deep, pure, and true love for our lovin' man! Dino-psyched, DMP btw, pallies is the Dino-pix that Miss Debbie has shared as new to you as it is to me? Still tryin' to read the entire Dino-inscription!


Morning Coffee with an extra Dean Martin Please!

Posted on October 13, 2011 by Debbie Barth

One of the really great things about being my age (yes … there are benefits!) is being around when singers/entertainers were not just stars, but super stars. They were on stage and in our living rooms purely because of their talent and their ability to make you fall in love with them. And, they had something very hard to find these days. They had class …. true … unadulterated … class.

Undisputedly, one of the classiest (my way of spelling this) acts back in the 50’s and 60’s was the Vegas show featuring Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., Peter Lawford, and Joey Bishop, (aka the Rat Pack). My favorite was then and now … the incomparable … Dean Martin.

When Dean crooned … women swooned. He was “heart be still” handsome; his voice had the ability to melt the coldest of hearts, and …. according to a close friend of mine, and a former Golddigger on the Dean Martin Show, he was not only a gentleman, but a gentle man. He was carefree, funny and sexy. He was the definition of class.

It’s hard to say which Dean Martin song is my favorite. Certainly I love “Everybody Loves Somebody” and “Your Nobody Till Somebody Loves You.” But there are so many wonderful songs and it would be hard to choose just one.

I’ve been watching some of the old video clips of Dean Martin and listening to his music all week because I’ve been on the phone recently with my friend Patricia Booth-Julius (aka Patty). She was one of the original Golddiggers who danced and sang on his show. She shared some of her greatest memories and thoughts of Dean with me. Last night, we shared a call with my co-hosts at On The Grid. Seriously …. you would have loved to have been in on the tele-chat last night!

And, I’m happy to say that she is going to be our guest caller this coming Saturday morning. Patty was blessed to sing with Dean, but as far as being on the show itself, she worked hard for a very long time, and that hard work over the years paid off. She deserved to be there. She was also the lead singer at the Folies Bergère in Vegas, as well. Patty is another one that radiates class and draws people to her the instant they meet her. I am blessed to call her my friend.

I’m really looking forward to this Saturday morning, pouring myself a good strong cup of java, and chatting it up with the ladies. Till then, I think I’ll just listen to another Dean Martin song and do a little swooning of my own.

8 comments:

On The Grid said...

Wow ... You have me swooning all over again Dino! Thank you so much for your wonderful words and for sharing my post! I simply cannot put into words, how much I appreciate this .... and I LOVE YOUR BLOG! In fact ... I would love to have you come on our show and do a show that is ...All Things Dean Martin.

I have a feeling I'm about to meet some wonderful friends and I'm gonna drop by often ... off to subscribe ... and thank you!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes so happy to be of assistance to you Miss Debbie...'round des parts we calls it showin' true Dinopalliedom. Just wonderin' if you have any info on the Dino-pix that you chose to feature with your Dino-reflections...woulda loves to know it's Dino-history...best to you and your Dino-party tomorrow...keeps lovin' our Dino!

On The Grid said...

You know, honestly, It was a picture that I found and used here in wordpress, but you have peeked my interest now, so I will do some research on this pic. I am serious about having you come on the show in December. Let me know.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, well Miss Debbie, I was able to click on the pix from your post and then found it on Flickr...am featurin' what I found tomorrow right here at ilovedinomartin...and left a comment hopin' that the photographer will respond with more Dino-details...'bout the show.... please email me at kentsmokerguy@yahoo.com..thanks...
and, above all else, keeps lovin' our Dino!

Danny G. said...

How cool pal if you did Debbie's show! Seems like a very interestin' blogger & very cool, classy lady!

Danny G.

Levi said...

That autograph pic is the coolest

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes thanks Danny-o for that vote of Dino-encouragement! Keeps lovin' our Dino!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Levi dude, likes how cool to hear from our Deanager...check out today's Dino-gram for an enlarged pix of this groovy Dino-pix...keeps lovin' our Dino!