Thursday, June 07, 2012

Danny G.'s Birthday Serenade with Dino: "For the Good Times"

Hey pallies! There was NO way I was lettin' this great great day go by without postin' a VERY VERY special Serenade! What a day pals! To think that 95 years ago on this wonderful day the world was so so blessed with such a shooting star as Dean Martin!

 Really gets me thinkin' just how lucky we were/are to have had him in our lifetimes. He's deeply missed but truly never ever forgotten. Let's not be sad but instead celebrate his life and the love he brought & shared with us all! So here's to you ol' pal! Happy Birthday Dino...wherever you are! Salute!


Don't look so sad, I know it's over
But life goes on and this old world will keep on turning
Let's be glad we had some time to spend together
There's no need to watch the bridges that we're burning

Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine
Hear the whisper of the raindrops blowing soft across the window
And make believe you love me one more time
For the good times

I'll get along, you'll find another
And I'll be here if you should find you ever need me
Don't say a word about tomorrow or forever
There'll be time enough for sadness when you leave me

Lay your head upon my pillow
Hold your warm and tender body close to mine
Hear the whisper of the raindrops blowing soft across the window
And make believe you love me one more time
For the good times

8 comments:

Miss Ellie said...

♥ Happy Birthday, Dino Baby! ♥

Dean Martin will always have a special place in my heart. Whenever I hear his dreamy voice, I smile from ear to ear. He also had this charming sense of humor. He will forever be The King of Cool! Thanks for the great post, pallie! :)

Miss Ellie said...

♥ Happy Birthday, Dino Baby! ♥

Dean Martin will always have a special place in my heart. Whenever I hear his dreamy voice, I smile from ear to ear. He also had this charming sense of humor. He will forever be The King of Cool! Thanks for the great post, pallie! :)

Matty said...

Excellent. Happy Birthday Dean.

Always On Watch said...

June 7 is first and foremost Dino's birthday -- and always will be first and foremost in that regard.

But I have something personal to add....

Mr. AOW and I DELIBERATELY chose our Dino's birthday to announce our engagement 40 years ago. Both my husband and I have always thought the world of Dean Martin! In fact, our common bond about Dean Martin is one reason that Mr. AOW and I were attracted to one another.

Because I attended a small private high school, I got to choose my graduation date in 1968. I DELIBERATELY chose June 7, our Dino's 51st birthday. Then -- Lo and behold! -- when we went out to dinner after the graduation, what was playing on the restaurant's speaker system? One of our Dino's songs! I thought that I would burst with happiness.

PS: Feel free to publish this comment as a free-standing post here at I Love Dino Martin. I meant to send the above to DMP several days ago, but we had a bit of a dental emergency here in this household. All is well now -- as of yesterday afternoon.

Always On Watch said...

I'll be linking to this video over the weekend.

DeansPalley said...

Don't know how to do this other than post the link....but I thought this was excellent. Have been following this fella for a long time now. So talented.

http://cartooncave.blogspot.ca/

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes thanks ever so much Danny-o for doin' your part to homage our great man on his great day...the Day That Coolness Came To Earth...sorry I couldn' be 'round to celebrate with all my pallies here at our humble little Dino-blog. Keeps lovin' our Dino

Danny G. said...

Couldn't let that day go by without a little sumthin' special! Glad to hear from all my pals!