Monday, December 10, 2012

"My dad loved Dean Martin and was forever whistling or singing or humming his tunes."



Hey pallies, likes here's a real Dino-treat of a Dino-seasonal post from a blog tagged "Baby Budgeting" where a Brit lady tagged Becky holds forth. Miss Becky is a mum of 2 and a parenting author. I write about creative family life and living well on less."

Seems that Miss Becky likes many of the rest of us loves shoppin "local charity shops" for great bargains and her recent post, "A Classic Christmas Record for £1.50" relates 'bout a real Dino-gem that she scored on a recent bargain huntin' binge. What Miss Becky uncovered was an al-b-um tagged "White Christmas" that shares croons by none other then our Dino and Mr. Nat King Cole.

What makes Miss Becky's purchase so so special is that, as she scribes, "My dad loved Dean Martin and was forever whistling or singing or humming his tunes. I think he fancied himself one of the rat pack. This gorgeous record reminds me of my dad."

How heartwarmin' to hear 'nother real life story of how our Dino brings back wonderful memories of a loved one. Likes our great man continues to create great memories between generations. And how wonderful that Miss Becky is passin' the love of our Dino on to her wee ones through the sharin' of these Dino-croons!

For some reason dudes, likes I gotta 'fess up that after tryin' numerous times, for some reason I just couldn't get the pix of the Dino-al-b-um to get turned straight...indeed it is straight up in the original post, but for some unusual reason it got turned sideways when I copied it.

Hats off to Brit Becky for sharin' her Dino-treasure and her father's love of our Dino with her readership, and for her passin' on that Dino-devotion to her little ones. To view this in it's original format, simply clicks on the tag of this Dino-gram. Dino-delightedly, DMP



A Classic Christmas Record for £1.50

December 3, 2012

By Becky

Oh how I love to browse my local charity shops.

Mostly my eagle eye is on designer clothes at bargain prices or brand new and sealed items that make marvellous gifts. Sometimes however I find treasure. This week I definitely found treasure.

My dad loved Dean Martin and was forever whistling or singing or humming his tunes. I think he fancied himself one of the rat pack. This gorgeous record reminds me of my dad.



It is perfect there is not a mark on it and it features Nat King Cole who gives me warm fuzzy feelings when he sings.



I popped it on my little record player which bemused the kids completely (I don’t think they had seen it before and they could not understand it!) These songs are fun, classic, sweet and simple. They make me think of snow and family, chestnuts and tradition. They make me think of my childhood and simpler days.



What a wealth of memory and feeling for just £1.50. I even baked shortbread listening to it – and I haven’t done that for a few years!!

Oh the treasures you can find in a charity shop. You don’t need to spend much to bring something new (and old) into your life. Being preloved sometimes makes it even more special.

4 comments:

Matty said...

Very nice article DMP. The music flows through generations of memories. :)

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Matty...very nicely stated man..."The music flows through generations of memories. Just wonderin' if you are a first gen Dino-holic or if there were folks in your fam that followed our most beloved Dino. Keeps lovin' our Dino and keeps those cards and letters, and Dino-comments comin'!

Matty said...

Pallie...I'm probably a third generation Dino-holic. My Maternal Grandparents were Italians from the "old country". My Paternal Grandmother was Italian also. Through the years, the songs of both Dino and Frank could always be found playing on some familial turntable, stereo, 8-Track Player, Cassette Player, CD Player, IPOD.... :)

Also, when my maternal grandparents settled in Hoboken NJ they lived on the second floor of 420 Monroe St.. Frank Sinatra's family lived at 415 Monroe St. So as far as Dino and his Italian Pallies go....THAT'S AMORE!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Matty, what coulda be cooler then that?!?!?!?! With that kinda Dino-charism how coulda ya be anythin' but one solidly sold-out to Dino-dude?!?!?!?! Hopin' someday you will have the time to do an indepth Dino-interview of your journey with our Dino. Keeps lovin' our Dino!