Monday, August 12, 2013

I loved Dean Martin’s suave, debonair characters


me


Hey pallies, likes today's Dino-gram combines two amazin' thin's that ilovedinomartin simply simply loves to share..... accentin' Dino-devotion that is international in scope and accentin' today's youth who are passionate 'bout our Dino.  From the blog, "Watch, Read, Listen, Wear" comes a powerful post, "Living It Up (1954) - My Favorite Old Movies.

 Scribed by the lovely Miss Melissa, " a 23 year old Australian who loves blogging about television,  film, books, music," it is a fun fun mix of words, pixs, and vid clip.  Likes how absolutely fasinating  is it to encounter the heartfelt passion from down under of 'nother of today's with it youngens!!!!!  And, likes how cool to read that this Dino-lovin' lady  was "was raised on" our most beloved Dino and his partner Jerry's big screen efforts.

ilovedinomartin salutes Miss Melissa for sharin' her adoration of our great man and Mr. Lewis with her readership....sure to bring more and more into Dino-passion.  To checks this out in it's original format, simply clicks on the tag of this here Dino-gram.  Dino-awed, DMP
  

Living It Up (1954) | My Favorite Old Movies

living 1
A poor man (Jerry Lewis) is wrongly diagnosed with radiation poisoning by his doctor/friend (Dean Martin), a female reporter (Janet Leigh) takes
them to New York City to live out the last of the man’s days in luxury!
I adore Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis’ films. I was raised on them! I have memories of watching Martin and Lewis films on Sunday afternoons with my dad – it was one of the few father/daughter bonding activities which we enjoyed. I loved Dean Martin’s suave, debonair characters and Jerry Lewis’ wild
and wacky characters. Both always made me laugh in whatever movie they did together. Whenever I am in need of a laugh, I pop on Living It Up and am instantly cheered up!
I love the premise of this film and that Martin had some chances for his own comedic performance in this film – something which rarely happened when in a scene with Lewis.
I love the bright costumes designed in this movie which make it visually exciting. Janet Leigh is absolutely breathtaking in every costume she wears, and her chemistry with both Martin and Lewis (her character vows to marry Lewis’ character but is actually in love with Martin’s character!).

Jerry Lewis got to show off his amazing dancing skills during one scene where he does the Jitterbug with a champion dancer. I love that because he is crazy and wild usually, this dance fits him to a T!

The highlight of Living It Up for me is the musical number Every Street’s A Boulevard, where Martin and Lewis gets dressed up in coats and ties and stroll through the spectacle which is New York City:
Classic comedy which will I will watch forever!

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Our Dino in formal wear such as in the video clip of Martin and Lewis strolling through the streets of NYC definitely cuts a debonair figure! So elegant! Such elegance is impossible to find today.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes indeed Miss AOW...that, as always, is the deepest of deep Dino-truth...whatever our Dino wears....be it casual, be it formal, be it in-between....our most beloved Dino is always always the coolest! Keeps lovin' our Dino!