Saturday, June 07, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINO! MEMORIES ARE INDEED MADE OF… YOU!

Hey pallies, likes "The Day That Coolness Came To Earth" has arrived 'gain, and we are expectin' to discover a ton, just a ton of Dino-tribs all over the web today and in the days ahead.  We are expectin' our fabulous Dino-devotee Ed of "Ed's Epistle" to sometime today be postin' what oughta be 'nother amazin' homage for this Dino-holic of Dino-holics.

While we wait, just just came 'cross the post below from new-to-ilovedinomartin pad "Jim's TOY Box" where Mr. Jim Bumgardner hold worth.  Obviously Mr. B. is a huge huge fan of toys, and as you will read below, a huge huge fan of our most beloved Dino as well, as Jim sez,....."One of my most favorite entertainers of all time was born on this date in 1917."

Jim shares some links to his past Dino-posts, which we are goin' to have to catch up with, as well as some very cool Dino-treasure he discovered at ebay.  We are simply delighted to be able to share his Dino-devotion with all youse pallies on this Dino-day of Dino-days.  Thanks Jim, and keeps the Dino-devotion flowin' at your pad.  To checks this all out at Bumgardner's blog, as usual, simply clicks on the tag of this here Dino-gram.  Dino-always, ever, and only, DMP






HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINO! MEMORIES ARE INDEED MADE OF… YOU!


me and deanOne of my most favorite entertainers of all time was born on this date in 1917. To celebrate I’d like to share with you links back to a few of the nods I’ve give to the King of Cool over the years as well as my most favorite movie from the Martin & Lewis collection; Scared Stiff. Also check out some really neat Dean Martin stuff I just found on ebay. I had never seen any of that stuff before but man oh man has my list to Santa just gotten longer!
I just wish I had more time to really show my appreciation for this remarkable entertainer and to help educate the younger generation on the incredible talent that this man had. Thankfully we have his legacy captured forever in various spots around the web. A good place to start is at the official Dean Martin website as well as his daughter Deana’s page who is quite the entertainer herself. Tell herJim sent you…. she has no clue who I am of course BUT she will if you do ;) Anyway Happy Birthday and Thank You, Dean.  Memories are indeed made of…. you!
Now, Go Play!
Jim 06/07/14

Really NEAT stuff, pally!
dean1

dean2

No comments: