Sunday, April 12, 2015

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "April In Paris"




 Welcome back mi amici!
 Enjoyin' Spring yet?
I know...hasn't been to "Springy" so far, pals. It's gettin' there though!
 Every mornin' seems to come a little sooner & every dusk is seemin' to come a wee bit later.
 Hang in there...warm days are comin'! Ha!
 Hey pallies...Spring is a tricky season no matter WHERE youse live! Youse gots to 'member...we just climbin' out of a long...cold...Winter! Takes a little weenin' to gets back into the Springtime swing! Haha!!

 For today's Serenade we takin' a trip over to a city that is also known for it's rainy seasons...& passionate feelins'!
 PARIS!
Ahhhh what a romantico place it must be, huh pals?
Well, if anyone would know...it's our man of the world...Dino! Hahaha!!! Dean was DEF I NATE LY a world traveler & DEF I NATE LY a master of romance! Haha!!

 I found "April In Paris" on Dino's 1962 Reprise al b um..."French Style". What a perfecto tune for this wonderful time of year!
GREAT GREAT collection of some of Dean's MOST BEA U TI FUL songs! I'm diggin' each & every one of these jams with Dino's accentin' on the language of love! Haha!!
Hey let's face it, pallies...Dino can spread the message of love no matter WHAT language he's croonin' & WHAT culture he's swoonin'! Ha! By the way, pals...love how Dean simply couldn't resist throwin' in a TINY bit of Italiano at the very end of this tune. "Cuore mio" (My Heart) Haha...that's my pallie!!!

 OK pals o' mine...here we go!!!
 Bring on the Spring!!!
Enjoy!


April in Paris, who can I run to?
What have you done to my heart?
April in Paris, chestnuts is blossom
Holiday tables under the trees
April in Paris, this is the feeling
No one can ever reprise
I'd never know the charm of spring
Never met it face to face
I never knew my heart could sing
Never miss the warm embrace 'til
April in Paris, who can I run to?
What have you done to my heart
I never knew the charm of spring
Never met it face to face
I never knew my heart could sing
Never miss the warm embrace 'til
April in Paris, who can I run to?
What have you done to my heart
My heart, my heart
Cuore mio

 

1 comment:

BlueisCoool said...

What a wonderful sounding song and it seems just right for springtime everywhere - Paris or New England! Of course i would not mind a visit to Paris about now, or any time, but that lottery check seems to have missed my mailbox. :-)

You once again have hit a home run with your song selection!

Thanks so much.

Scott