Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Ed's Epistle - 2017 Dean Martin Festival News & Notes

Good morning Dino-pallies!

I hope the week is off to a good start for everyone here who visits the BEST Dino blog on the internets!

Today I have a note worthy document to share with you. I happened to pick this up in the Dean Martin room at the Jefferson County Museum in Steubenville.

I note this as particular interest on account of it being 'new' to me. It's a document noting all of Dino's Steubenville residence's starting from birth through his house with his first wife Betty.
I find it interesting because some of these residences aren't noted in any of the other Dino books or references that I remember reading. Not to say that this information isn't unknown, it's just that I don't recall ever such a listing of details relating to Dino and his home town.

Some personal notes that I took while traversing Stu'ville trying to locate these homes.
- Birth home 319 S. 6th St. is an empty lot
- 425 Slack St is now a new building development
- 118 Brady seems to have been lost in urban street sprawl, not able to be located
- 1210 Riverview may have been lost also, however it looks like the street has been rerouted?
- 313 N 7th is now an empty lot
- 2130 Sunset seems to have been lost to urban sprawl

Please take a look and enjoy!

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Our Dino was the embodiment of the American Dream!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Eddie-o, thanks for this immensely intriguin' info on the pads that our Dino had in Stu-ville....new info we are sure for tons and tons of Dino-holics. Keeps lovin' 'n sharin' our one, our only Dino!