Saturday, July 29, 2017

Time passed. I really loved Dean Martin.



Hey pallies, likes it is fantastically fantastic fun to return to a blog and blogger that we have previously shared Dino-devotion from here at our humble little ilovedinomartin conclave.  Today after an absence of  nearly two years, we are powerfully pleased to share more Dino-delight from Mr. Ronny Elliott and his post "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do," at his self-tagged  beau-ti-ful blog "ronnyelliott - Peace and love and rock'n'roll from a hillbilly, hellbent on saving the world.

We shared our first Dino-centric post from Mr. Elliott  HERE, and we have decided to share some of our original potent praise of Ronny in this post as well:   Hey pallies, likes likes what coulda be more 'citin' then sharin' 'nother pallie proclaimin' their awesome adulation of our most beloved Dino?!?!?!?!  That's what's on Dino-deck this very Dino-day.

Elliott's bio tell us that he himself is in the song writin' and song singin' biz himself tellin' us that he has "been writing songs and playing them since 1964. No gold records, no gold watch. I have been lucky enough to share bills with Chuck Berry, the Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, the Flatlanders, Van Morrison and lots of other heroes of mine."

Likes Elliott's first post that we shared in 2015, today's Dino-devotion also accents his "heartbreaking and unfathomable" loss when he was nine years old,  our most beloved Dino broke up his relationship with his beloved partner in 1956.  At the time the nine year old Ronny sez that "Man, I hated Dean Martin!"  But time seems to heal all wounds, and Elliott sez, "Time passed. I really loved Dean Martin."  We are, of course, deeply delighted that Ronny was able to more from  hate to love for our one and only Dino!

Mr. Ronny Elliott has a wonderful way with words and we very much enjoys this coolly creative way of scribin' his memories of our Dino and  Mr. Lewis....it is purely pleasurable to read his touchin' 'n tender thoughts.  We thanks him for more Dino-action from his blog!  To checks this out in it's original source, simply clicks on the tag of this here Dino-report.

We remain,

Yours in Dino,

Dino Martin Peters

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do



When I tell you that 1956 was a big year for me, you have no idea. Oh, I've told you ad nauseam about Mom taking me to the armory to see The Biggest Rock'n'Roll Show of '56. Elvis tried to call me at home. I got a guitar for my birthday.

Loss called on me, too. It doesn't seem so grievous now but to me and other nine year olds it was heartbreaking and unfathomable. Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis parted company. For us there had always been a Martin and Lewis. The handsome Italian crooner and the skinny, Jewish numbskull had begun their nightclub act in 1946 and by the time that I was old enough to sit through movies, there was nothing that thrilled my little heart like Paramount Pictures' biggest stars.

The plots were thin and predictable. Dean had to take his eyes off the dolls for long enough to save his lovable, dim-witted pal from himself and the cold, cold world. The end always came with Dean and Jerry living happily ever after, usually with the pretty girl in tow.

As nearly as I could follow the news, Dean abandoned his hapless pal. This time he wasn't coming back. Man, I hated Dean Martin! Me and most other nine year olds.

Of course the guitar meant more and more as time went on and pretty soon my eyes were on the girls, too. That's what a guitar is for, isn't it? I didn't think much about Dean Martin or Jerry Lewis.

Time passed. I really loved Dean Martin. He might be my favorite singer of the era. His TV show was timeless. I have to restrain myself here from bellyachin' about Jerry Lewis. Let's just say that as much as I adore Brigitte Bardot, baguettes, fishnet stockings and Citroens, I just can't understand what the French see in Jerry.

More time passed. Lots more time. Lots.

Leaving? I've learned a little. Being left? I could write the book. It's not always what it looks like. Maybe it's never what it looks like.

6 comments:

Danny G. said...

Man o man...sounds like Ronny has led a pretty cool life! I'm glad that he grew wiser with age & forgave Dino for the breakup. Like he said...thins' aren't always what they seem.

Always On Watch said...

As nearly as I could follow the news, Dean abandoned his hapless pal. This time he wasn't coming back. Man, I hated Dean Martin!

At the time of the breakup, I was too young to know much of anything about Dean and Jerry as a comedy team.

But the time that our Dino made it big in the 1960s, I was a teenage and well aware of him as a solo act. When I backtracked to the Dean and Jerry films, I saw them as a waste of our Dino's talent. He improved with age -- both his and mine.

BlueisCoool said...

A wonderful and interesting read DMP, those really were some wonderful years. It is esp nice to hear how Dean and Jerry impacted people at the time and influenced them years later. Thank you DMP for a great posting.

Scott

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Danny-o, very understandable 'bout how Ronny felt as a youth, and how he has grown to a marvelous maturity in his Dino-adulation! Keeps lovin' 'n sharin' our most beloved Dino!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie , likes Miss AOW, thanks for sharin' your personal remembrances of how your Dino-affinity grew as a Deanager and has continued deeper and deeper with each and every Dino-day! Keeps lovin' our most beloved Dino!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Scotty-o, we are always perfectly pleased to receive your awesome affirmations of our work on behalf of our most beloved Dino....we are deeply indebted to you for all of your energetic encouragement! Keeps lovin' our one, our only Dino!